Saturday, May 17, 2008

Lady in Green

Do you see her off to the left? Sitting there in her pretty green dress. I bet she never has to do laundry or clean the house. I bet someone else does her hair, gets her dressed and makes sure her shoes match what she is wearing. I bet she spends her time walking in Tudor gardens while handsome young Lords quote Shakespearean sonnets. She gathers flowers and sings. The only thing that she has to do is be polite and pretty.

Some days that sounds like something I would like to do. Hmmm, it might be fun for a day or two but with my luck I would be bored senseless in a very short amount of time. Drat my practical side. Oh well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.

2 comments:

Darkthane said...

Well then, I guess you'll have to go out and cause some duels for entertainment.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Yes, my husband would want you to cause some duels. He would want me to cause some duels. He just wants an excuse to brandish his sword and cause some harm and excitement...no matter the time period.

I think you would die of boredom in that green dress. Either boredom or lack of air. But you would look great! And then those lovers spouting sonnets would be inspired to write poems and plays about you. What a life...