Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Technitis

Somewhere along the line I got addicted to technology. I am not sure exactly when it happened but I am fairly certain that it happened after I got married. I know that I am addicted I have to be. How else can I explain a day spent "tweaking" my blog, adding and organizing music on my ipod, checking email, playing on the Internet, and finally posting to my blog. To make matters worse I discovered why Cardinal was so excited to get a 24" monitor. It is fun to open multiple windows and be able to see both at the same time. I am not sure what has happened to me. I don't know what to do if I don't have my laptop, wireless Internet, ipod, palm pilot, cell phone etc. I just have to hope that technitis is not fatal. I doubt that I will find a cure and what is worse I am pretty sure that I wouldn't want to be cured anyway.

6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

yes, you are worse than me when it comes to this. but with time I am sure you will corrupt me ... as you have corrupted me with everything else. :)

jayne wells said...

That must happen when you marry a man with 3 cell phones and 3-5 extra computers waiting to be fixed! :)

Thinking in Color said...

Hi!! I didn't know you had a blog! Looks good!

slcardinal said...

jayniemoon, I resemble that remark! :) But the "technitis" gets worse. While I am writing this comment, Belle Austen is sitting six inches away on our second functioning computer making another post. Just to clarify my technology list I have 3 cell phones, 2 working desktop computers, 1 working laptop computer, 5 mostly working desktop computers, 3 printers, and 2 spare monitors. Yes, I may be responsible for her "technitis", but I have zero control on her obsession to add to her technology list.

Darkthane said...

I don't think we have to worry about it being fatal. Just so long as it does not escalate to the point where you must have the newest and the best simply because it is the newest and the best.

Heather said...

You and lady glamis are corrupting me. I was fine without a jogging stroller then you got one and I had to get one. Then you got your hair cut and so did the rest of us. And now you got a blog, and my life was just fine without one, but now I am addicted to blogging and it's only been one day!!!